CocoKnits Knitter's Block Kit
We're thrilled to stock the best blocking kit from CocoKnits!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BLOCK YOUR HANDKNITS
- 18 interlocking, fiber-topped EVA foam tiles, each measures 12" × 12" (tiles from the new kit are compatible with older Knitter's Block tiles)
- 40 stainless steel T-pins
- 48" square cotton cloth woven with 1" square gingham to help measure your finished piece
- A sturdy jute bag to contain the kit
WHAT MAKES KNITTER’S BLOCK SPECIAL?
Very low, lightly barbed pile
- fabric covering gently grips your knitting without pilling or leaving fibers
- can be assembled in a variety of sizes from a square for sweater pieces, a long rectangle for scarves or a triangle for shawls
Thick backing of waterproof EVA
- suitable for use on any surface since moisture won’t seep through
- holds pins firmly in place
- blocked items dry faster than with towels because the tiles don't absorb water
- essential for steam blocking
- blocks are stored in a sturdy 14”x14” bag
THE KNITTER’S BLOCK STORY
"First-time blockers are always amazed by the difference blocking makes to the final appearance of their knitting. After blocking, sweater parts lay flat, stitches even out, and what looked like a wild mess now behaves nicely. It’s like magic!
After 20 years of teaching knitting, I’ve never grown tired of instructing my students on finishing techniques. In fact, the technique of blocking is one of my favorite things to demonstrate.
I used to demonstrate blocking with pieces of carpet, but carpet scorched easily and was too thin for blocking pins to sink into. Rugs, towels and bulky blocking boards weren’t much better. Many of my students didn’t bother to block because it was such a cumbersome task.
With this in mind, I set out to improve on the carpet pieces. I eventually had special tiles custom made for blocking, and the end result is my Knitter’s Block kit."