Improvers Knitting Class - Sundays
This class is held in our London shop.
A class for those comfortable with the basics of knitting, but who want to learn more!
WHEN BOOKING A CLASS ONLINE, OTHER THAN BY CALLING THE SHOP, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
Two Sunday afternoons at Loop. 2:30-5:30 for a total of 6 hours of tuition.
Day 1: After a short introduction to check that the basics are in place, you will learn:
* How to read patterns,
* How to substitute yarn, and why tension swatches matter.
* How to check your own tension and choose the correct yarn and needles for your project.
* You will learn how to knit cables and other Aran stitch patterns.
* Learn how to shape your knitting with increases and decreases.
* The basics of lace knitting.
Day 2: You will learn:
*How to knit with several colours simultaneously and gain an understanding of both Fair Isle and Intarsia techniques.
* Knitting in the round with circular and double-pointed needles will be covered.
* The lesson will also focus on finishing techniques such as picking up stitches along an edge, blocking, and how to sew up your garment.
Please bring some odd balls of fingering weight, DK, or Aran weight yarn from your stash in at least 2 different colours and knitting needles to suit your yarn ( 3mm to 4.5mm). These can be straight, circular, or double-pointed, as you prefer, but please bring a circular needle and/or some DPNs on day 2.
If there is a particular topic, pattern, or project you would like help with, please feel free to raise it in class.
Taught by Linda Litchfield.
A former lawyer with a degree in fine-art textiles from Goldsmiths, Linda has been knitting for over 60 years and teaching knitting for 10 of those. She is slightly obsessed with knitting and yarn and loves passing on her skills to others. Teaching at Loop is her dream job.
* Classes are held in the shop. Maximum of 6 students per class.
100% deposit is required at registration.
A full refund of payment for the class will be given for cancellations only if the spot can be filled by another student, minus a 10% admin fee. Please be considerate.
We reserve the right to cancel a class in unusual circumstances. We try to avoid this wherever possible, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. In this situation, of course, a full refund will be given.
We're sorry, but Loop cannot be financially responsible for extreme weather conditions or any other situations that are out of its' control.