Fixing Knitting Mistakes Class
Sunday, January 28th 11- 2pm (3 hours)
In this class we’ll cover
- Spotting and troubleshooting common problems
- How to rescue dropped stitches in stocking stitch and garter stitch
- Turning knits into purls and visa versa
- Different ways to undo your knitting, together we’ll ‘frog’ and ‘tink’!
- How to spot twisted stitches and fix them
- What a ‘life line’ is, and how to use it in your work
Participants are welcome to bring a project/WIP that is in need of rescuing that, time permitting, we can talk about during the class.
All abilities are welcome, but participants must be confident with casting on/off, knit and purl.
* Please can participants prepare and bring the following two swatches
- Using a light coloured aran/worsted weight yarn, cast on 20 stitches and knit 10 rows of stocking stitch. Leave your work on your needles, do not cast off.
- Using a light coloured aran/worsted weight yarn, cast on 20 stitches and knit 16 rows of garter stitch. Leave your work on your needles, do not cast off
Sophie Heathscott (she/her) has been crafting and making all her life, from dressmaking to ceramics. She learned to knit when she was knee-high to a sheep, and after studying Design at Goldsmiths, London, she fully wove herself into the knitting world – including being a Loopette for nearly 6 years! She is passionate about how making creates community and provides a remedy for overconsumption.
A refund of payment for a class will be given for cancellations only if the spot can be filled by another student, minus a 10% admin fee. Please be considerate.
We reserve the right to cancel a class in unusual circumstances. We try to avoid this wherever possible, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. In this situation, of course, a full refund will be given.
We're sorry, but Loop cannot be financially responsible for extreme weather conditions or any other situations that are out of its' control.
If we need to cancel the class due to any unforeseen circumstances, we will of course offer you a full refund or shop credit (whatever your preference is).